"The soul of a child, as it reaches out toward understanding, has need of the treasures accumulated by the human species through the centuries. We do injury to a child if we bring it up in a narrow Christianity, which prevents it from ever becoming capable of perceiving that there are treasures of the purest gold to be found in non-Christian civilizations. Laical [secular] education does an even greater injury to children. It covers up these treasures and those of Christianity as well." Simone Weil

Monday, August 16, 2010

Today

Today I want to let it all go; to fall backwards and know that there will be somebody to catch me.
Today my spirit cries out for help.
My strength is in great need of replenishment.
Today I need a smile and laughter in my life.
Today I need a friend.
Today I need hope.
Today I know that tomorrow will be better.
It must be.

1 comment:

  1. Hi :) I found you through the Denim Jumper forum.

    This made me sad. I hope that your week got better!
    Warmly,
    ~h

    ReplyDelete